Vote for Your Favorite 2017 Semi-Finalists!
(updated March 29, 2017)
Our Public Vote Challenge for the public’s favorite 28 Semi-Finalists started on Friday March 24th at 12:00 pm PST and ends Thursday March 30 at 8:00pm PST.
Below are the basic Public Vote rules. To VOTE and to see the the current standings per division, click on the DIVISION VOTING buttons at the bottom of the page. Click here to see the master list of Semi-Finalists & their schools here.
PRIZES FOR GETTING THE MOST VOTES
- $200 Audience’s Choice Award — will be awarded to the overall winner per division if their video garners the most votes TOTAL from the public on our voting pages. The 3 divisions are (1) middle school, (2) high school, and the combined (3) College & Open Division.
- Each DIVISION Winner Gets Automatic Entry into the Finals — the top vote-getter in each of the middle school, high school and college/open divisions will get an automatic berth to compete in the Final Round and be featured in our April 23rd Festival & Awards Bash in San Francisco.
(separately, Facebook “Likes” for the semi-finalists’s video on their designated Facebook page shared with us will be used for tie-breakers. FB “likes” are NOT used in the Public Vote count)
- THE OVERALL WINNER with the highest vote count will receive a special prize, ONLY if the 4,000 vote mark is exceeded.
- Note: The *OTHER* Finalists per division will be determined by the judges’ final scores for ALL SEMI-FINALISTS and be announced by Thursday March 30. Thus, all Semi-Finalists have a fair shot of getting into the Finals based on the merits of their videos.
- The Public Vote session starts Friday, March 24, 2017 at 12:00PM PST
- The Public Vote ends Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 8:00pm PST
- The public can vote for as many different videos as they like in any division by clicking the “Vote Now” button next to each video. However, you can only vote for each video within a division ONCE. Any duplicate votes will be discarded; attempts to game the system may result in disqualification of the contestant.
- NOTE: The Audience’s Choice Award winners and Automatic Berth winners are subject to final review and approval by the contest producers.
- ALSO NOTE: the way “cumulative votes” update on our webpage is often erratic and may show unusual patterns during all hours of the night, based on our past experiences and our partner tech development team’s vast experience with large corporate clients who run online contests.
- To ensure a SAFE and EQUITABLE voting process, we have elected to implement a strict security protocol. If you are voting from a shared WiFi network, like your school network, you may see a message restricting your ability to vote. This is happening because someone on your network has already voted using your IP address. You can address this by trying the following:
- Vote from another Wifi Network, like your home network
- Vote from your cell phone with wifi turned off
- Contact your system administrator