Video Submission CHECKLIST 2018
SCENES FROM YUNNAN: Yuan Yuang Rice Paddies (Ronald Tagra); Yunnan first graders; Hot pepper sellers in Dali, Yunnan (Tim Quijano)
Before your create your video, please review these checklist items below:
And later, as you do your final edit and get ready to submit your video, be sure to revisit this page.
|1.||REGISTRATION – Make sure your entire team is pre-registered individually before submitting your final video|
|2.||THEME & CATEGORY: Address our contest theme — your video features an interview subject’s life and experience with China|
|3.||FILM YOUR VIDEO in HIGH DEFINITION and make sure your visuals & audio sound are clean, clear & crisp|
|4.||OPENING SHOTS & TITLE:
All entries should begin with a 3-5 second full-screen “title screen” that includes the following information:
Your second opening shot should show a visual of the interview subject(s) include information:
|5.||REQUIRED INTERVIEW QUESTIONS:
Submitted videos featuring mainland Chinese interview subjects MUST include answers ON VIDEO to at least 2 of these REQUIRED FOUR interview questions below:
(your submission form will ask for *written* answers to all 4; modified version of these questions are acceptable):
1) What comes to mind when you think of America / The United States?
2) What do you dream of doing or experiencing on a future trip to the U.S.?
3) What life advice do you have for me (or young Americans)?
4) Who is one of your favorite Americans — dead or alive, and why?
Videos featuring non-PRC interview subjects MUST include answers to at least 2 on video of these REQUIRED FOUR interview questions below: (your submission form will ask for written answers to all 4; modified version of these questions are acceptable):
1. What comes to mind when you think of the PRC?
2. What do you dream of doing or experiencing on a future trip to the PRC?
3. What life advice do you have for me (or young Americans)?
4. Who is one of your favorite mainland Chinese persons — dead or alive, and why?
|6.||PERMISSIONS: Have all the required permissions for persons & copyrighted materials appearing in your video.|
|7.||ENGLISH SUBTITLES: As English is the official language, please add subtitles for any non-English portions. This is very important for our judges and for global audiences.|
|8.||CREDITS: Make sure you acknowledge all the people that were involved in your video production|
|10.||LENGTH: 3 minutes long or less, including title slide & credits. If it exceeds 3 minutes, we will ask you to edit it down.|
Ready to Submit Your Video?
Your Final Submission Steps will be:
Now go here for the full detailed Submission steps