Awards & Prizes 2017
Some of our 2016 Award Winners (March 2016)
- See below, but more to come on Drones and our Mentorship prizes.
- See below for the our special birding MegaPack prize, courtesy of Nikon Birding Adventures TV and host James Currie.
Student entrants and their sponsoring teachers have the opportunity to win some of the $30,000 in cash & prizes in our 2017 awards table below. Briefly:
- Students & teachers can win over $1500 each in cash, excluding other prizes, which may include a trip to San Francisco, mentorship lunches & meeting with US-China executives, drones and more.
- FINALISTS earn a trip to San Francisco for our Festival Screening & Awards Gala and a fantastic red carpet experience. They will work with video editing mentors to produce a Festival Showcase version and a taped “artist’s statement.”
- TEACHERS in middle school & high school can win up to $3800 in prizes, including a matching national cash prize if their student(s) win at the national levels, a “Most Influential Educator” prize for the most number of sponsored students entering the contest, and a Youth Voices Teaching Prize for best classroom integration of our contest.
A BIRDING MEGA PACK
For the best video involving birding (birdwatching) or birds, the winner will win a pack of goodies worth over $200 from Nikon’s Birding Adventures TV crew:
Yes, drones. More details soon.
MENTORSHIP LUNCHES & MEETINGS
Participating mentors include these U.S.-China Executives: (more coming soon!)
|Brian Wong||Vice President, Global Initiatives|
|Fung Capital is the investment arm of the Fung family in Hong Kong which separately controls the Fung Group that sources, distributes, and retails consumer products globally. Janie focuses on sourcing deals and conducting due diligence on prospective investments. Prior to joining Fung Capital, she was with Burt’s Bees, leading go-to-market strategies for global expansion. Before starting her business career, she was a journalist for BBC and PRI’s “The World”, conducting in-depth research and reporting on China. Janie obtained her M.A. degree from Harvard University, where she received the prestigious Fung Fellowship, sponsored by the Victor and William Fung Foundation.|
|Ben Fong-Torres||Acclaimed Journalist & Media Personality|
|Ben is an American rock journalist, author, and Emmy-award winning broadcaster best known for his work with Rolling Stone magazine (through 1981) and the San Francisco Chronicle (from around 1982). A documentary on his life, “Like A Rolling Stone” is in development. Read more about his bio.